How can I tell if I need repairs?
If you find water stains or any leaks due to flashing problems, get it repaired. You can also fix isolated leaks. Replacement is only needed if shingles remain saturated underneath because it can slowly decay.
Moss or Mold
Finding moss or mold are signs of growth from the moisture. You will need repairs only if a few shingles are really affected by the growth. Replacement will be needed if there is a significant amount of growth over a large area of the roof.
Usually, most roofs can last up to 20 years if maintained properly. Repairs may be needed after 15 years and replacement might be recommended when it’s approaching the 20-year mark.
If your shingles are missing, shaking or sliding in any way, you can repair any missing or damaged ones. If there are a large amount missing or damaged, a replacement may be cheaper than trying to repair a large area of defects.
Repairing can fix small damages, and you may be able to just add layers for a quick fix. Replace if there are already two layers from a past fix.
Rule of Thumb
Hail Damage Roof Repair
When you hear the rapid clatter of hail on your roof, you should always be concerned about hail damage. Whether the hail is pea-sized or bigger than a softball, the potential for damage is always there. If your roof does get damaged and you need roof hail damage repair in Orlando, you’ll want to get prompt help from a reputable, trusted local roofing company like Thomas Roofing & Repair. Fully licensed and insured, we have the experienced crews to get your roof repaired quickly and effectively no matter how severe the damage.
What do I do after it hails?
- Hail hits will often appear black in color as hail tends to knock away granules on shingles. This will leave the felt below exposed to more damage.
- You may also see areas of asphalt that appear shiny.
- Feel around on your shingles. Soft spots that feel like bruises on a fruit usually indicate hail has damaged the roof.
- The damage will be random. There will be no discernible patterns.
Storm Damage Repair
Roof Inspection and Estimate
- You’re concerned about the age of your current roof and want to know if it should be replaced and how much it will cost.
- You’ve noticed leaks, shingle damage, or other signs your roof might need to be repaired.
- You think recent bad weather, including things like hail and high winds, might have caused damage to your roof.
- You suspect roofing ventilation issues may be lowering your home’s energy efficiency or is causing unhealthy moisture issues in your home.